David Fialk, REALTOR® Emeritus is now celebrating 50 Years in Real Estate.
David obtained his Real Estate Salesperson License in New Jersey in 1971 while being a student at Seton Hall University and decided to make Real Estate his Full-Time Career in 1974 upon Graduation from College. He began working first as a Salesperson and then as Office Manager for Choice Realty Co, the family-owned Real Estate Company in Iselin, NJ. He purchased Choice Realty Co in 1991, became Broker-Owner, and then sold the Company in November 2016 to Coldwell Banker Realty.
A firm believer in education for the real estate professional, David Fialk obtained his Broker-Salesperson License in 1975 and he has earned the real estate designations: C2EX, CRB, CRS, ABR, GRI, e-PRO Certified Internet Professional.
David Fialk is a member of the National Association of REALTORS®, New Jersey REALTORS® and the Metro Centre Association of REALTORS®, serving as Board President in 1987 for MCAR. He was also recognized as REALTOR® of the Year for the Metro Association of REALTORS® in 1988, 1996, and 2003. Obtaining his Brokers License in North Carolina in 2016, he is also a member of Cape Fear REALTORS® and North Carolina REALTORS®. Throughout his career, David has been very active and involved with the various REALTOR® Associations and he has continuously served as a Committee Member or Chairman on various committees on the Local, State, or National Level.
Since obtaining his real estate license in 1971, David has continuously worked with buyers and sellers on a daily basis in showing homes, selling homes, listing homes, negotiating contracts, and continued to adjust his real estate practice to meet the daily challenges confronting buyers and sellers in helping more than 1800 families Move Across Town… Across the State… and Throughout the Country! A real estate career spanning 6 decades, David has witnessed, experienced, and adjusted to all types of changes in the real estate industry, including listing and selling real estate when mortgage interest rates were as low as 2.50% and as high as 19.4%. Real estate values were no different; up, down, static and each real estate market brought new challenges for home buyers, home sellers, and REALTORS!
As a Real Estate Sales Trainer and Educator, David understands the challenges and needs of Realtors and Realtor Associates and has provided sales training classes and seminars to Individual Sales Agents, Real Estate Brokerage Offices, and Realtor Associations throughout New Jersey. His presentations are not only about what REALTORS “should be doing” to achieve success in real estate but are “hands-on” and provides the “what to do” and “how to do it”.
David is also Approved by the New Jersey Real Estate Commission as a Continuing Education Instructor and has been teaching his NJREC Approved CE Courses since 2013.
Some major developments which affected the real estate industry during the past 50 years to make note of:
* Typed Contracts and Carbon Paper * Copy Machines with Wax Paper Pass-Through * Weekly Delivery of MLS Listings on 4’ x 6’ Index Cards * Fax Machines
* Pagers * My First Cell Phone in 1987, Mounted in My Car (Calls Cost 55 Cents per minute including ring time) * Weekly MLS Books Replaced Index Cards
* Typewriters Start Being Replaced: Computer Networking; Windows for Work Groups 1993 * Windows 95 * Dummy Computer Terminals for MLS and Dot Matrix Printers * Agency Disclosure in NJ Real Estate in 1995
* The origin of the World Wide Web and Email
* And on and on, until now where real estate information is instant on Computers, Tablets and on our Cell Phones which are now called Smart Phones; and where Buyers are viewing homes and signing contract offers Online without visiting the property, making a physical inspection or meeting with their Realtor
* And more importantly, add to that the need to stay abreast and comply with all the changes that have occurred in Federal and State Laws, Real Estate License Laws, and Mortgage Regulations.
And yes, 50 years later, David Fialk is still providing real estate services with a “commitment to service excellence” and is actively involved in listing and selling real estate and offering sales training and Continuing Education Classes.
David is currently Licensed as a Broker-Salesperson in New Jersey with the Choice Team at Coldwell Banker Realty in Metuchen, and a Broker REALTOR in North Carolina with Intracoastal Realty in Wilmington, where he currently resides.
Read More About David’s Involvement in Real Estate in the past 50 Years.
If you would like to know what it was like working in the real estate industry for the past 50 years, just talk with David Fialk, Realtor.
www.DavidFialk.Realtor [email protected] www.DavidFialk.com